Tarrytown, a village in the town of Greenburgh in Westchester County, New York, is located on the eastern bank of Hudson River, about 25 miles north of midtown Manhattan in New York City. To the north of the village is Sleepy Hollow, which was formerly known as North Tarrytown, to its south lies the Irvington and to the east the village has unincorporated parts of Greenburgh.
The first residents of the village were the Native American Weckquaesgeek tribe. They settled at the foot of Church Street near the Hudson River Shore, which is now the current location of Losee Park and the Tappan Zee Bridge.
Places to explore:
- Lyndhurst: It is a Gothic-styled mansion, formerly the home of the railroad baron Jay Gould. It is now a property of the National Historic Trust.
- Andre Captor’s Monument: This monument marks the spot where three Americans captured British spy John Andre, exposing Benedict Arnold’s plot to turn over West Point to the British.
- Home of Washington Irving
- Go walking and bicycling on the Old Croton Aqueduct
- Enjoy the show at the Tarrytown Music Hall
- Farmer’s market
You can also go and visit many festivals and events taking place in Sleepy Hollow, which is located north of the village. Just keep a track of the upcoming events. The village also hosts annual events like Legend Weekend, Boo Fest, Scarecrow Making, Pumpkin Hunt and Rag-a-Muffin Parade, Annual Halloween Parade and Christmas Tree Lighting.
Tarrytown Limo service
Michael’s Limousine Tarrytown Limo service specializes in Airport transfers, Corporate travels, Night Out, Weddings, Prom Night, Casino Tour, Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, Family outings, and other fun and leisure events. Our Limo rates are calculated on the basis of distance traveled and nature of the trip. We are always on time and offer you with friendly and courteous chauffeurs that take care of all your traveling needs.